Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Woman's Perspective on land Army Knives



A Woman's Perspective on land Army Knives

I admit it. I love clever home tools. My most utilised gadgets tend to be manually operated kitchen gizmos. You know, the old tried and true: the should opener, peeler, and an apple corer with a assistance crank comes discover once in a blue moon when it's time to make an apple pie.

Back in the late 1980's when I started college I definite I desired my possess land Army Knife. No digit in on-campus housing had any tools. Space was restricted so I didn't poverty a bulky agency box. I desired individual tools in one, a jack of every trades that I could keep in my backpack. I was living on my possess after every and necessary to be embattled to recognizance myself discover of any situation that strength arise.

I went to a topical cutlery store where they have a surround of knives (this was a some years before the convenience of internet shopping). After much deliberation and knife handling, I definite on a Victorinox Mechanic 53441 model knife. The plyers and Phillips screwdriver looked near to their flooded size counterparts and I knew they would do the job. The should person was an additional bonus. I knew I would use that if my should person was in the dishwasher or if I was outdoors. The bottle person would see plentitude of state from my friends for band time when a beer or bottled salt necessary opening.

I carried that land Army Mechanic knife every throughout college. It went from backpack, to purse, to fanny pack, to my room, the kitchen and wherever I necessary my trusty friend. Sadly, I forfeited it somehow when I moved from my second college apartment into my possess home.

I went without a land Army Knife for individual years. I got married. I now looked to my husband to be the resourceful digit when there was a fix-it or minor home repair to be done. I gave him a Mechanic with his name engraved on the red handle.

I got myself a sound classic 53185 because it was a beautiful carnation sound color, diminutive enough to hook to my keychain, and the cutest agency I've ever seen. The nab file has a pointy tip which to me is more useful than the diminutive screwdriver tip most classics have. I have cleaned my nails and filed them hundreds of times. In a crop when I've lost my flooded size tweezers, I've utilised the diminutive removable tweezers on my sound classic to garner discover an eyebrow hair or splinter. The mini blade opens cardboard boxes, envelopes and hard-to-rip-open bubble packs that I sometimes get in the mail. The tiny scissors have seen their share of work - cutting strings or clipping my nails.

I'm fond of Victorinox land Army Knives since they have served me many times in my possess life. Whenever I need a heritage for the friend or family member that has everything, I look to land Army and I pick discover a knife that I see module fit their personality and lifestyle.